Fender has released the ’51 Telecaster PJ Bass.
Vintage classic design look with cool and modern features.
The Parallel Universe ’51 Telecaster PJ Bass brings together elements from two of Fender’s most famous bass guitars.
Slab Ash 51 P-Bass body paired with a classic black pickguard and finished with a sheen of lacquer.
Things get interesting with the Telecaster-inspired headstock, ’63 C-shaped maple neck and 9.5-inch-radius maple fingerboard.:
- American Vintage ’63 P Bass neck with 9.5”-radius fingerboard.
- Custom Shop ’60s Jazz Bass single-coil bridge pickup. Custom Shop ‘60s P Bass split-coil middle pickup.
- HiMass Vintage string thru bridge.
- Vintage-style “spaghetti” Fender logo.
- Hard case and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Volume controls are “stacked” concentrically, placing both volume controls on one potentiometer.
All these words don’t describe what a gorgeous peice of equipment this bass actually is.
And the good news is it’s available now in stores across Australia.
Street price is around the $3000 mark.